Thursday, October 12, 2006

E-mail Follow-Up- "My husband wants to kill me"


This is a follow-up from a woman who sent a very interesting message to me a while back. I thank her so much for sharing this information, even though I made her seem like the biggest fool (which is not what I was trying to do). You can view her first post at Nancy's First Post

Mr. Snipes,

Though I found you advice very informative, the tone in which you spoke to me was totally...true. I seemed like a pathetic fool. I was a dog chasing it's tail. I am so happy that you told me what you did. Do you know that I'd spent 300 bucks to go to a seminar where the women threw these un-encouraging affirmations at us. I came out with absolutely no clarity. After reading your answer I must admit that I was upset. I thought you tried to embarrass me in your article. Yet after reading your article again three days later I knew it was the truth. I told Thomas to get lost and never speak to me again. What's so amazing is lots of guys are coming on to me. I feel about 13 years younger. I wanted to send this e-mail to tell women that you can do anything if you set your mind to it. I, of course, thank Mr. Snipes for giving me his blunt and honest opinion, but it takes women to do the work. There are no psychics, seminars or programs to buy in order to put life's mirror three inches from your face and see yourself. Have the courage, ladies.

Oh and Mr. Snipes, I don't know if it's possible, but could I have your mailing address to send you a present? If you feel uncomfortable with that I totally understand. And thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read my e-mails. I know you must be swamped with them.

Nancy

-----------------------------------------------------

Nancy,

I do apologize for my blunt tone. I never apologize for being myself, but there is a time and a place for hard-core bluntness.

Any who, I'd like to address the e-mail topic first. I am not swamped with e-mails. I wish more people who send them in. I get about 5 in a good week. Trust me, the more people who share their voice the better. Usavoice.com encourages people to write comments and interact with the reporters. This is the news that we need.

As far as you getting away from Thomas, THANK GOODNESS! He can take his 50% and get the bologna outta' your face. You were kinda' getting weak for a second. When I read the e-mail, I thought to myself, "Why the hell is she so damn naive?" Then you totally proved to yourself that you love...YOU. Please, keep in touch, Nancy.

Oh, and congratulations of knocking the guys off of you, you beautiful, sexy, emancipated soul.

*As always, if you have any questions that are burning within you, a story to tell or advice to give, please e-mail me at lrl.advice@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Your e-mail may be published on LRL.com!

No comments: