Friday, February 02, 2007

Re: We have no time

Dear Trew,

When it comes to me and my husband he’s always off on the road for business and I am trying to start a home business. The children are always at school, with their friends or at after school functions. It seems like I don’t know my family any more. What can I do to help change this?

Kelly D.
_____________________________________________________

Dear Kelly,

Now, Kelly, how do you expect to have a relationship without interaction? In case you didn’t realize, that was a rhetorical question. It can’t be done. This is one of the reasons why most of those celebrity marriages fail: they have no time to devote to one another.

Just the same as you making sure you don’t spend too much time away from you spouse, you also don’t want to be up under them 24/7. I would personally be like, “Chick, take a break, a nap, or something, please!” Yes, we are bonded by marriage (supposedly), but that doesn’t mean that you’ve got to be Siamese twins.

Set up a routine with one another so that you schedule events around your intermediate family, and not work. When it comes down to work or family, which one is more important? If you businesses fail, family will be there. If your family suffers, your business will to, trust me.

Write me back and let me know what you come up with, and thanks for sending in the question.


-Trew Life

No comments: