Monday, July 17, 2006

Lost Love: Gift or A Curse? It's All How You Look At It


When it comes to subject of stress, who knows this better than a woman or men who is just getting over love. Yes, it's a hard feat. No one wants to go through the entire dating process again. Who does?

When my last relationship went up in smoke I couldn't call another mate by Morse Code. I had to get my ass together by catering to myself. Of course, it might seem a little hard at first, but eventually it will fit. Like I always say, "how can you love someone else when you can't love yourself?"

When the woman who I'd fallen in love with cheated on my with a family member, it hurt like a cut down the back with salt in the wound. I couldn't understand why someone would be so evil. For months I was told that I was the only one and that I was being loved beyond thought, feeling and expressible emotion. Yeah, right!

Like I said earlier, the news hurt me a lot. But I did something that I never would have done in the past. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I even locked it through no one else was there. I starred at myself in the mirror and immediately began to feel sorry for myself. How could this happen to me, I thought to myself. And then, out of no where, I begin to laugh!

This might seem like I was going insane, but you know what, the laughter helped me realize how foolish I would have been for crying over someone who wouldn't hear my sobs and wouldn't taste my tears. Looking at myself in the mirror helped me realize how unimportant it was to sulk over what happened. Though, at first, it felt like someone through salt and rubbing alcohol in the wound, it began to heal.

I know that it is always hard getting over anything you love leaving you, be it a lover, mother, father, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, brother or friend. Hell, people even get teary-eyed over loosing a job they've had for years. And though it's not easy to just laugh at the situation when you're hurting, really understand that God must have a purpose in your life. He wouldn't leave you hanging out to dry.

So dry those tears, turn that frown into a smile (it takes more muscle to frown then to smile.. but I think you've heard that before) and think of loving yourself. Bring Atlantic City to your home and mingle with yourself for as long as it takes for the wound to heal.

Terry J. Snipes

Related Posts

How To Be Less Lonely
I Brought Atlantic City To My Home And Mingled With Me, Myself and I

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Poetiq Expression said...

Thanks for the kind words. I am slowly working on making the site even better. Come back and browse the site. Better yet, if you would like to share a story, please e-mail mmecca2000@hotmail.com. Content may be published.

Terry J. Snipes