Friday, December 01, 2006

Lookin' Like A Real You!


As I sat at home waiting for a taste of the scrumptious chicken BLT salad I purchased from Wendy’s (overly desirous sounds spewing from my stomach), I thought about the pretty painting of perfection everyone tries to paint. When it comes to getting to know someone better, do you find it slightly odd that people give an image of a near “perfect” image? After awhile of dating, or getting to know someone, it’s kind of fucked up that you only find out exactly who they are after a few months of dating. Could this be the reason why there are so many divorces now-a-days? People are so quick to jump into a marriage, though they barely know each other, and come to the conclusion- up to a year later- that they don’t mesh well together.

The question that presents it’s self is: how do you show your imperfect self and still impress someone who you are romantically interested in?

The true answer to this question is: there is no way to achieve this! If a person likes you then they will embrace your flaws. I’d love for someone to be able to take my constant philosophical over-thinking. When my girlfriend and I first started dating, I loved everything about her. After awhile I started noticing things that she kept a secret in the beginning. Luckily for me she let the cat out of the bag, sort to say, a couple of times so I was slightly prepared.

Sometimes these spontaneously clairvoyant discoveries can cause a relationship to befall upon a stronger connection, but in most cases it causes the individual who was left in the dark to feel like they were deceived and cheated into being in the relationship. They’ll say, “I fell in love with a mock-up Jerry (or whatever the person’s name is).” Who wants a lookin’-like-a Gucci when they can afford to buy the real thing?

*If you have any questions that are burning within you, a story to tell or advice to give, please e-mail me at lrl.advice@hotmail.com . I look forward to hearing from you. Your e-mail may be published on LRL.com!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of people try to be things their not. Its best for people to just be themselves. Great post!

Poetiq Expression said...

Thanks! People don't realize that fake images are what drives a person away. People don't know that while women blame men for a lot of the things that go wrong in a marriage or relationship, women often give a false image and when the "real woman" comes out, the men doesn't want to be in the relationship any longer.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that women always give the wrong impression. Men give lots of bad impressions, like telling women that they love them or that they work in a place they know damn well they dont work at. People always lie and eventually get exposed.